The Kallman/Abrahamson Family: Exploring my Swedish-born grandparent's and siblings immigrant journey to "Amerika". Searching for cousins everywhere to share family stories, pictures, thoughts, ideas and new discoveries about our Swedish heritage and our family today.

~ This blog, like my family tree, is always a work in process. Please stop back now and again! ~

Tuesday

Where my story began - Chicago

I have been blogging for 9-10 months now. Researching Sweden and life as it was there when my grandparents emigrated in the early 1900's. So I have been waxing a bit nostalgic about the beauty of Sweden...and I will again. Sweden is a wonderful place. But Chicago?  My grandparents chose Chicago because of the wealth of opportunities available to them. Richard and Lydia made a great choice for their children and grandchildren also. The name "Chicago" brings Al Capone, gangsters, dirt, crowding and crime to many minds but some of that is the downside to all large cities in all countries. For you cousins who have never been here let me introduce you to this great city. The city I was born in.

THE WINDY CITY - CHICAGO





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this post?