Monday

52 Ancestors in 52 weeks #52: "Tradition" - Christmas Lutefisk dinners

 Prompt #52 ( Dec 24- Dec 30) "Tradition" Christmas Lutefisk Dinners

Good friends of my parents were Al and Ruth Anderson. My Dad had known Al since childhood. Al had stood up for my Dad at my parents wedding. Great people. Each year we were invited over to their home for a traditional Christmas Lutefisk dinner. Sharing great company, Christmas presents, good times, and ............LUTEFISK. Oh dear God it has been at least 60 years since those Lutefisk dinners and if I never have it again? It would be too soon.


Looks disgusting, smells disgusting, tastes disgusting and wiggles like old jello on your plate, There I said it.


Al and Ruth Anderson, a treasured childhood memory.




From Amy Johnson Crow, a genealogist, far more experienced then I. "The data that we've accumulated in our genealogy software and in our binders and folders doesn't do a whole lot of good just sitting there. We need to do something with it." Each week she sends out a prompt to share a bit about an ancestor, collateral relative, or family friend.

No comments: