Sunday

World Pasta Day

DID YOU KNOW THAT TODAY OCTOBER 25 IS WORLD PASTA DAY??


ME NEITHER!

Pasta is a food consumed universally, on all the continents. I love pasta and we have it at our house at least once a week. Pasta is also eaten in Sweden. Hold on to your stomach for this next bit of info though.

What is a favorite Swedish pasta dish? The wonderful Swedish meatballs that everyone in America (Canada too I would guess) knows about, has a favorite side dish in Sweden. Macaroni and ......... no NOT cheese ......... KETCHUP!  Oh geeeeez, I am from Chicago and putting ketchup on a hotdog even is considered a crime. An authentic Chicago hotdog stand won't even have ketchup available.  But on macaroni? Maybe Honey Boo Boo and her gang had "sketti and ketchup" but this is not a taste I would go for. And don't even try to convince me that a good marinara and ketchup are the same.

Could this be true? I saw this bit of info on a post by Kate Reuterswärd, "an American, a serial expat, and a travel addict who has been lured to Sweden by love". I just found her blog post today.

check it out for yourself, click on her interesting thoughts on ▼


Okay, just one Scandinavian-American's opinion (me) but

 YES  ↓ 
                                           

NO NO NEVER NEVER   


         

Please if you are truly Swedish "say it ain't so Joe"?

Happy World Pasta Day! - Ranae

No comments: