Friday

Friday's Faces from the Past - Olga and Tekla Källman

These are my great aunts, the sisters of my grandfather, Richard Kallman. Their family was very very poor. With money for a ticket earned by siblings already in America, Olga (on the right) immigrated to the U.S. from Sweden arriving at Ellis Island September 29, 1902. She was 16 years old. She worked in Chicago as a domestic, saved her money, and returned to Sweden in 1907 for her sister Tekla (on the left). Olga returned to Chicago bringing her 17 year old sister Tekla through Ellis Island on September 6, 1907.



       
I never knew them as they settled in California when I was very young but my California cousin Jeanette did and spoke highly of them. I thank her for this photo.

          My Great Aunts

          Olga Eufemia Källman Palm
          born: 03 Nov 1885 Grytgòl, Hällestad, Östergötland, Sweden
          died: 23 Sep 1984 Santa Cruz, California, U.S.A.

          Tekla Eugenia Källman Peterson
          born: 03 Oct 1889 Grytgòl, Hällestad, Östergötland, Sweden
          died: 01 Oct 1979 Santa Cruz, California, U.S.A.