Tuesday

Tuesday Trivia

I am sure that most everyone knows that the IKEA stores originated in Sweden (As if the massive blue and yellow building, flying the Swedish flag, wasn't enough of a hint).
But the "goofy sounding" names of the products for sale in IKEA?



DID YOU KNOW?

IKEA names 
sofas, coffee tables and bookshelves after places in Sweden; 
beds, wardrobes and hall furniture after places in Norway; 
carpets after places in Denmark; 
dining tables and chairs after places in Finland;
bathroom articles after Scandinavian lakes, river and bays;
kitchens after grammatical terms;
chairs and desks after men's names;
fabrics and curtains after women's names;
etc. etc. etc.

Maybe its some sort of an inside Swedish joke that I don't get. 

Here is Valby Ruta in my family room (I'm not sure what that is under the couch) and here is Valby Denmark. and Ruta? what? where is that? couldn't find it. 

Okay. I still  don't get it.   But I like the rug.