Wednesday

Sweden in America - a free app

Isn't technology great? I thought there was not another app for my phone or tablet that I could possibly need let alone want.  I already use and love the one that marks your car with  GPS. No more losing it at the mall! The Ancestry.com's shoebox app had proved very useful to me. Take a picture of a family photo with your phone camera and upload it directly to your family tree. The app that tells you the cheapest gas in the area. Who could do without that?

I follow Nordstjernan, the "Swedish Newspaper of America", and found an app to keep me up on all things Swedish in America! A FREE app. Sounds like a must-have to me.
from their website...

"The Sweden in America app allows you to find a location or a supplier for Swedish or Scandinavian specialty foods, products or a group to meet up with in the U.S. Search a location, destination or a product name - from Marabou to knäckebröd, from Scandinavia House, New York or Wisconsin, to the Swedish towns of Kingsburg, Rockford or Bryn Athyn. Cities, cafes, restaurants, hotels, museums, schools or stores ... Search for ANYTHING."

Just installed it so I can't really review it as yet but first thing I am going to look for is that pearlized sugar for Swedish cinnamon rolls. First things first, ya? Then check out any Nordic festivals within my area this summer.

Interested?  



No comments: