Monday

Occupation Investigation - Richard Kallman - Body and Fender Man

our cousin Kerry Johnson submitted this photo.
  (Kerry Johnson-Robert Johnson-Laverne Kallman-Lydia Abrahamson-Robert Albin Abrahamsson)




Second from the right is my grandfather, Richard Severin Kallman 1887-1968, with his work buddies. My Dad Melvin had told me he was a "body and fender man". When coming from Sweden he stated he was a blacksmith and in the 1910 census he was working as a blacksmith in a wagon wheel factory. Well, times were certainly changing and luckily his smith skills were of value in the exploding auto industry. I wish I could see the car the fellows are posing in front of better but from the rounded top and the apparent age of grandpa I am guessing this photo was taken in the early thirties.

Thank you Kerry!



*click on photo to enlarge for easier viewing*