Sunday

Swedish Dads by photographer Johan Bävman

For Father's Day I wanted to share this very touching view of Swedish fathers.

Sweden gives a very generous paid parental leave to new parents. The leave can be split 50/50 by mother and father but mostly it is Swedish mothers that take advantage of the time off.

Swedish photographer Johan Bävman had an exhibition in the Malmö Museer in Mälmo, Sweden, January 23 through April 24, 2016 and has an exhibition going on now May 5 through September 10, at the Arbetets Museum in Norrköping, Sweden. He photographed Swedish fathers who chose to take a greater share of time off to be with their children to establish a closer relationship with them. What did it mean to them and how did it change them?

I really enjoyed this collection.  The photos of fathers and their children, I am sure, will touch your heart.
▼ CLICK HERE TO SEE▼



my "Swedish" Dad and me - 1952
And here is my "Swedish" Dad, the best Dad that ever was...and me! - 1952
Happy Father's Day!



No comments: